Saturday, November 04, 2006

a blast from the past....

It's after quite some time that I return to Dream Country.This time round, the dream that brought me here is more of those routine kinda dreams, with known characters and situations (for a change...), but nevertheless, still very much intriguing, as all of my dreams tend to be.This begins in a very familiar setting - my home. I am sitting at my PC, working, when I get bored and decide to listen to some music. I start Winamp and the very first song to pour into my ears is "Unchained Melody", an all-time favourite of mine. As the song hits a particularly intense note, I feel my eyes unknowingly moistening and throat choking a bit. For a moment, I think of stopping the song and getting back to work, lest I get too carried away. Something stops me and I listen on, only to get more and more engulfed by the unknown force of the song. I put the song on Repeat mode and when it is playing for the nth time, I feel somebody calling out to me. The voice seems strangely familiar yet so unknown and I turn around to see who it is. Strangely, I find no one around and return back to the music. After some time, I again hear that voice and this time, I recognise it very clearly. It's that of my first crush. I don't bother to turn around, telling myself that I am hallucinating, when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Almost jumping in my chair, I turn around to see her, smiling beatifically. She is wearing a simple green dress, the one which I used to like a lot. "Kasa aahes (How are you?)",she asks, her tone never indicating the fact that we are meeting after ages.Staring at her like a fool, "I am fine", is all I manage to stammer. She smiles, takes a seat next to me and asks what I was doing. When I tell her that I was just listening to music, she shuts down the PC and starts talking to me about the years gone in between. I gradually overcome my initial uneasiness and after some time, we are chatting away like we had never been away from each other. Laughter and animated conversation permeates the otherwise drab room. She then offers to make me some coffee, at which, I tell her not to trouble herself and whip up a cuppa espresso for both of us. She's sipping on coffee, looking out the window, when she suddenly asks me, whether I want to see some of her pics. When I say that I do want to, she says that we will have to go to her house. Not wanting to let go of this chance, I get ready in a flash. To my surprise, I find that she is staying next door to me. The house is smallish, but richly done with soft colours used everywhere. She asks me to sit on the sofa and gets her laptop. As she is showing me her pics, I find myself falling for her all over again, even as I keep telling myself not to do so. Time flies by like a bird in the faraway sky and before I know, it's time to leave. I don't want to leave her place, and a look at her tells me she doesn't want me to leave, either. As I look into her eyes, I get totally weak-kneed. Before we realise what's happening, she holds my hands and pulls me to her. Our lips entwine and time seems to just freeze into this one moment. Suddenly we hear a loud sound and I find myself pulled out of the trance and wide awake, staring at the bright sun filtering through my window.

P.S: Normally, I tend to analyse my dreams a lot. This one, I don't think I have the courage to analyse. It will be injurious to my mental health... :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend. more often, our dreams are means of wish fulfillment. Unchained Melody is one of the most romantic songs i know of and also happens to be one of my fav's. it's quite clear to see the woman u liked intensely appear in ur dreamsjust as u were hearing the song.

ur dream speaks of ur desire to connect with her again, to fall deeper in love with her...but then u r snapped back to reality by the loud sound. that's nothing but ur mind that knows reality and ur heart that raced at the suprise kiss.

Phoenix said...

hey there!i must say im really impressed by the way u hav expressed your self....with so much clarity and thought....great goin pal....looking forward to reading more of you...

ishmi said...

beautifully written! :)
don't analyse..lose yourself in the moment...its absolutely beautiful!

iamnasra said...

Its been awhile I hope all is well with u

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.